As an Assistant Professor of Mass Communications with a specialty in technologies of communications, I try to stay connected and researched in all the ways my students will be expected to communicate in the media field as they move into the industries that they choose.
But an expert? I am not sure if anyone can be an expert on emerging technologies for communications these days. Everything changes so quickly, as soon as I begin to learn something, there is something new to learn.
I work hard to know what is going on, up to the minute, in my field, but I believe that it is now up to all of us, as a collective, to learn and grow.
This is one of the things I really like about LinkedIn, I am able to have a community, specific to what I study and teach, that helps me to stay connected and learn everyday.
I began a website for sharing and learning technologies of communications. I wanted to create a place where we could all go and find answers, creations, information and knowledge about our collective areas of study.
The site consists of 12 areas of technology for learning and teaching:
- Historical overview of Media Communications and technology
- Interactive Storytelling
- User-friendly Resources for Web and Interaction for Communications
- Working with and on Mobile applications
- Augmented and Virtual Reality products
- Emerging Technologies in Learning
- Social Media for Interaction
- Analytics and Search Engine Optimization
- Social Awareness/Civic Engagement/Social Change
- Looking into the Future
So, if you are an expert in one of these fields, or want to learn more…please share! We depend on each other to learn, grow, create and teach.
So, THANK YOU to my learning community. Please keep creating the wonderful posts I read each day and the information you share.